Menstruation - how to understand that everything is in order
Menstruation or "critical days," as it is pleasant to call this process among the people, is one of the most important moments for a woman. This is a kind of "reincarnation" from a girl to an adult lady, who will later become a mother. That's why we need to be able to understand and recognize some of the signals that the body gives us when everything is going well, and when there are serious problems. Let's understand everything in order, so that you will not be afraid either for yourself or for your child.
How does it all start?
The girl grows, gets stronger, her body is slowly preparing for the period of puberty. It is when he comes, in fact, and the time will come for the first menstruation. When this happens, it is mainly determined at the genetic level. Most likely, the girl will begin the first menstruation at exactly the same age as her mother, grandmother, aunt. This physiology is laid in the womb of the mother, and little can affect it. However, there are numbers accepted for the norm. So, on average, the first menstruation begins at the age of 11-13 years and, thus, begins a complete restructuring of the hormonal background and the sexual process of maturation.
You do not need to be embarrassed to talk to your child about such a "bloody" topic. This is absolutely normal and inherent in nature in every woman. Giving your child a brief information about menstruation, you prepare it morally for the restructuring of the body. Well, with the appearance of the first menstruation, there will also be physiological changes. It happens, unfortunately, and this is when after reaching 17-18 years, the girl does not have menstruation. This indicates a violation of physiological development, and it is worth turning to the gynecologist for a complete examination.
It is very important to correctly understand the very meaning of the menstrual cycle. So, from the first day of menstruation until the first day of the next menstruation is called the menstrual cycle. On average, it lasts for 28 days. However, only 15% of women have such constancy. On that there are many factors: stress, excessive food or hunger, infectious and bacterial diseases, ecology, workaholism. It is because of this number of reasons that menstruation can each month have its deviations. Normally it is considered that 21-35 days of the cycle is natural for the female body. Delayed menstruation for more than 10 days may indicate either pregnancy or ovarian dysfunction.
In the middle of the cycle itself or a few days before the onset of menstruation, you may be troubled by discharge. They will be brown and can be smeared for a few days, they are rather meager in appearance, so there will be enough daily laying here. If this happens in the middle of the cycle, the cause will be ovulation; If a couple of days before the onset of menstruation - this is the norm. However, such allocation you should keep on control and be sure to inform your gynecologist about their availability.
Normally menstruation itself lasts 3-7 days. Each woman happens in different ways, however, according to statistics, every third woman has 5 days of menstruation. During this time, the woman loses an average of about 250 grams for the entire period of menstruation. Allocations have a bright red color and a rather specific smell.
Menstruation with blood clots is also no exception. You should not be intimidated, such discharge is the norm in menstruation. Most often this occurs in the first two days of the onset of menstruation. Because of abundant secretions, enzymes can not cope and do not "process" the blood into a more usual liquid state for us. Thus, it accumulates in the uterine cavity and leaves in the form of clots. These days it is advisable not to use tampons, so that the uterus can completely free itself from thick secretions. In addition, women who choose an intrauterine device as a contraceptive are also susceptible to menstruation with clots.
Every second woman complains of pain during menstruation. This is quite natural, as during these days the organism is being renewed and purified, thus preparing for possible conception. Most often, a few days before the onset of menstruation and 2-3 days after graduation, a woman suffers such feelings as:
- the chest hurts (the mammary glands swell, becomes heavier);
- pulls the lower abdomen;
- the body swells (or all, or individual parts, most often legs, lower back, face);
- the heat changes to a cold sweat;
- rapid pulse and palpitation;
- fast fatigue;
This is the main symptomatology of a woman with menstruation. Certainly, in every woman it manifests itself in different ways. However, you should understand that pain and discomfort in menstruation is natural.
Sex and menstruation
Many ladies are wondering if it's possible to have sex during menstruation? There is no unequivocal answer, unfortunately. However, there are principles by which one can be guided for or against intimate life with menstruation.
~ Sex during menstruation helps get rid of most unpleasant sensations.
~ Orgasm during menstruation is much brighter and stronger than usual.
~ If he achieves a strong orgasm, he can "hurry" to finish his menstruation.
~ A violent sex life does not affect the number of menstrual days and ovulation.
~ There is a rather small percentage of that you can get pregnant, however, it can still happen.
Of course, it all depends on the particular couple and the woman herself. Some have a violent desire to have sex during menstruation, because they feel the most sexually attracted to a man. Some, on the contrary, flatly refuse to make love. Everything is very individual.
In addition, not all men agree to have sex during menstruation in a woman. Some bloody discharges cause a lot of discomfort and discomfort. Others, on the contrary, itself menses can excite and attract to a woman. In any case, in order for both of you to be comfortable and harmonious with each other during menstruation, it is worthwhile to speak honestly and frankly on an intimate topic and to reveal all the exciting and interesting aspects of sex during menstruation.
Abortion and menstruation
Deciding on the termination of pregnancy, a woman decides to abort. To date, there are various types of this operation. It all depends on the period of pregnancy and the wishes of women. Most often, the "cleansing" of the uterine cavity is performed, due to which the fetus is scraped. The operation is performed under general anesthesia and lasts no more than 30 minutes. Then the patient is awakened; A woman opens her eyes while still on the operating chair, and feels like oozing blood.
So, the first day after the cleaning of the uterus was performed, it is considered the first day of menstruation and the beginning of a new menstrual cycle after a delay. Most often, the discharge after abortion lasts a little more common - 6-8 days, sometimes up to 10. In any case, you should monitor the data of secretions and if after 10 days you continue to have strong bloody discharge, be sure to see a doctor.
There are other cases where after abortion, very meager discharges occur during menstruation. To that can promote various reasons: both hard work, and physical activities, and stress. In this case, you should definitely adhere to bed rest during the first 5-7 days after the abortion and limit any strain on the body.
If you choose medical abortion, which means taking special pills for rejection of the fetus, you thus provoke a miscarriage. With this type of abortion, menstruation will be longer (10-12 days), accompanied by clots and pain in the uterus and sacrum.
After the operation, the gynecologist will prescribe medications stopping blood, vaginal and rectal suppositories, as anesthetics, antiseptic medications. Menstrual cycle after abortion should be restored within 28-35 subsequent days. Here everything is very individual and depends on the heredity and physical health of a woman. So, in the first 1-2 months, pseudo-menstruation may appear. What is this?
- menstruation 2 days, 3 days;
- 12-15 days after the abortion, that is, menstruation twice a month.
What does this mean? If after 2 months you have everything back to normal, then it's the specificity of your body, and everything is in order. If not, contact a gynecologist. You can not count such discharges as real, full-fledged menstruation. However, in any case, make notes on the calendar for yourself so that in the event of problems, you can always see and understand when you have a selection.
If before this operation you did not keep a record of menstruation, then it's time to make a menstrual calendar. For this you can use both a regular pocket calendar and any program from the Internet that will allow not only to mark the beginning and end of menstruation, but also to read the cycle, the days for conception and abstinence from intimate life, etc.
Menses during pregnancy and after childbirth
With the onset of pregnancy, menstruation can begin as soon as possible. For the first month of a woman who has become pregnant, this is a perfectly acceptable norm. Fertilization of the egg could occur in the middle of the cycle, the hormonal background did not have time to be reconstructed into a "new way" and, as a result, menstruation. However, you should understand that any bloody discharge during pregnancy is an internal hormonal problem. You must necessarily consult with your doctor on this issue and find out what the matter is and what character such allocation is. They can testify about:
- poorly attached placenta to fetal egg;
- placental abruption;
- started abortion;
- an unstable hormonal background that requires adjustments with drugs.
There are times when a pregnant woman continues to have menstruation for the first trimester and does not carry any threat. To be sure of this by 100%, you must visit a gynecologist anyway. A distinctive feature of such menstruation is the absence of pain and scarce discharge throughout the day.
Remember! If you are pregnant, and you have spotting on the days when there should be menstruation, but the process is accompanied by abundant secretions, blood clots, pain in the lower abdomen, dizziness - in that case, call an ambulance. Such symptoms may indicate a threat of termination of pregnancy.
After delivery. When, how and how much time it takes for your body to restore your menstruation after birth, depends solely on the individual physiology of each woman. However, we will list some of the main aspects of loop recovery below.
1. Whether natural birth or cesarean without complications - this does not affect the recovery of the menstrual cycle. The widespread myth that menstruation after cesarean is restored much later - is not confirmed.
2. Breastfeeding is a factor in how soon you will have the first menstruation after childbirth. The more often you apply to the baby's breast, thus stimulating lactation, the later menstruation will begin. Prolactin - a hormone that is secreted by breastfeeding, suppresses the hormones of ovulation, thus delaying the onset of menstruation.
3. If, for some reason after the birth, you do not breastfeed and have switched exclusively to artificial feeding, then menstruation should come very quickly, after 1.5-2 months.
4. With prolonged breastfeeding (more than a year) it is recommended to be protected by drugs or other contraceptives after 4-6 months. This is due to the fact that with the introduction of complementary foods in the diet of the baby, the production of breast milk becomes less, and, accordingly, the risk of becoming pregnant is greater.
5. If you continue breastfeeding, and menstruation has begun, then, as a rule, the first 2-3 months of excretion can have absolutely different character and duration. The first two menstruation can be with very scant excretions, and can, on the contrary, be abundant. Here everything is conditioned by the physiological and psychological state of the woman. If the menstrual cycle does not stabilize after three months, be sure to consult a gynecologist for advice.
6. Improper nutrition, stress, lack of sleep, physical activity - all this delayed the onset of both the first menstruation after childbirth and the recovery of the cycle of menstruation. Do not be shy and ask for help in the home affairs of the husband and relatives.
Folk remedies for menstruation
There are several types of folk ways how you can cause menstruation. If you have frequent delays, then you can use some herbs, berries and fruits to bring the uterus into tone and "push" to the beginning of menstruation.
1. Brew yourself a strong infusion on ginger and drink 3-5 days before the start of menstruation.
2. Celery in any form (juice, salad). It stimulates the uterus to contractions, which causes menstruation.
3. Carrots, pumpkin, papaya - vegetables and fruits rich in keratin, you need to eat every day one fruit every 5-7 days before the start of the month (without heat treatment).
4. Hot shower or bath, warm compress to the bottom of the stomach, warm water for drinking - all this contributes to earlier menstruation.
5. Angelica, black stalker, motherwort, white peony - these herbs stimulate the uterus, causing menstruation. They can be bought already dried in a pharmacy and, following the instructions, brew. Each day, one type of grass 0.5 liters per day.
Today we talked about one of the most difficult processes in the body of a woman - menstruation. Listen to yourself, be attentive to your health, avoid stress, visit every six months a gynecologist, and everything will be fine with you. Be Healthy!