Thrombophlebitis - mostly female illness
Thrombophlebitis is a vein disease inherent in the lower extremities. This disease affects the female half of the population. In men, thrombophlebitis is rarely seen, and if there is one, then after 50-60 years.
Thrombophlebitis and its causes
Thrombophlebitis is manifested against the background of varicose veins, when a blood clot forms inside the walls of the veins. For this disease characterized by signs such as reddening, until blue on the surface of the skin; Compaction, which is accompanied by pain and swelling. Also, body temperature can rise, up to 38 ° C and the temperature at the site of localization.
Symptoms of thrombophlebitis can not be ignored. Untimely diagnosis and improper treatment can lead to complications such as:
- infection of blood;
- Closure of thrombus
- deep vein thrombophlebitis;
- death of the patient.
The causes of the signs of thrombophlebitis of the lower extremities vary in a sufficiently large range of various diseases. So, the primary cause is varicose veins, its non-treatment, which subsequently leads to exactly the same disease as thrombophlebitis of the lower extremities. Moreover, about 10% of people with signs of thrombophlebitis subsequently acquire acute thrombophlebitis (with pus excretion at the site of localization), as well as deep vein thrombophlebitis of the lower extremities.
The causes of the onset of the disease, other than varicose veins, also include:
- blood change by composition;
- increased coagulability of blood;
- reduction of blood circulation to the walls of veins.
- transferred injuries of the lower limbs;
- blood diseases;
- disorders of the endocrine system;
- disorders of neurotrophy;
- presence of purulent processes in the body;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- oncological diseases;
- surgical abortion and postpartum period;
- suffered injuries and surgeries;
- infectious diseases of the organism. All of the above diseases can lead to manifestations of thrombophlebitis.
Symptomatic of acute thrombophlebitis is concentrated in the place of varicose veins. These signs appear in the lower part of the inner and outer surface of the thigh, as well as in the lower leg. Doing steps becomes incredibly painful, a damaged vein swells and swells, which makes it much more than usual. There are bands in the localization site. Body temperature can rise to 38 ° C.
The development of acute thrombophlebitis can have several outcomes. So, with a favorable course of the disease, the patient will be able to feel noticeable results after treatment after 7-10 days. Symptoms of thrombophlebitis will gradually come to naught, the walls of the damaged vein will be restored, and eventually it will be able to acquire the original "beauty."
However, there is another side to the coin, when in adults the symptoms of the disease progress. Here we are talking about deep vein thrombophlebitis, when the disease affects the venous walls of the lower limbs. Thrombophlebitis of the deep veins of the lower extremities is a very serious disease that is of a menacing nature incompatible with life for the patient. How much the disease can harm the patient depends primarily on the localization of the thrombus. A real danger and threat to the patient is thromboembolism of the pulmonary artery. When it rips in a few seconds, there will be a cerebral hemorrhage (stroke) and the person will die. With thrombophlebitis of the deep veins of the lower limbs, chronic venous insufficiency may also result.
Acute thrombophlebitis and deep vein thrombophlebitis occur in patients with varicose veins. And if the last disease, as a rule, affects two lower limbs, then the signs of thrombophlebitis can manifest only on one limb in the first stage, then on the other. That is why it is so important to conduct a complete diagnosis of two extremities in the treatment of thrombophlebitis.
Diagnosis of deep venous thrombophlebitis and its treatment may lead to relapse with the transition to chronic thrombophlebitis. This symptomatology of the disease is observed in 60% of adults.
Thrombophlebitis in pregnancy is quite common. This applies to both the process of bearing, and the postpartum period. The fact is that during pregnancy the fetus presses against the walls of the veins of the small and large pelvis, the blood flow, respectively, worsens. In addition, the presence of a woman with varicose veins also provokes the appearance of thrombophlebitis. Symptomatic signs of thrombophlebitis remains unchanged. Such women, the whole pregnancy should be controlled not only by a gynecologist, but also by a phlebologist.
Diagnosis and treatment of the disease
Diagnosis of thrombophlebitis includes the following activities:
1. Clinical blood test.
2. Ultrasound localization site.
3. MRI and CTG of the veins of the lower extremities.
4. Investigation of deep veins with the help of special equipment and introduction of the drug into the patient's body.
When pregnancy is diagnosed, only the first two types are used. In the treatment of thrombophlebitis of the lower extremities, various drugs aimed at local anesthesia are used, as well as a complex of drugs for internal use that will help increase the flow of blood to the veins. In most cases, treatment takes place independently at home, under the supervision of a specialist.
In the treatment of deep vein thrombophlebitis of the lower extremities, the following measures are additionally carried out:
- prescribe a drug anticoagulant. The specificity of its action is directed to the dilution of blood, as well as the prevention of new thrombus formation on the venous walls of the lower extremities;
- the lower extremities are bandaged with an elastic bandage to increase the flow of blood to the walls of the veins;
is an implant placement operation. The latter perform the function of filtration, so that they find thrombi or their particles that come off and, thus, do not allow them to enter the lungs;
- operative surgical intervention - an operation in which a part of the vein is removed, as well as accumulated thrombi. With this method of treatment, the patient spends 3-5 days in the hospital under the supervision of the attending physician.
When treating thrombophlebitis in pregnancy, the following is prescribed:
- local analgesics that will help remove the swelling and tension of the damaged vein;
- walking tour - walking stimulates blood flow to the veins of the lower limbs and prevents thrombosis;
- reducing the amount of water per day, as well as fruits and vegetables, because these products are more than half of water;
- special elastic stockings or pantyhose. The latter perform the function of elastic bandage, only 100 times better. Verily, this is considered a know-how in medicine for the treatment of thrombophlebitis not only in pregnant women, but also in women suffering from this disease. In addition to the fact that the compression stockings prevent thrombus formation and increase blood flow, they also prevent the occurrence of edema, seizures and daily fatigue, due to the squeezing of the superficial veins.
Traditional methods of treatment of thrombophlebitis
Treatment of thrombophlebitis with folk methods can be used to combat the symptoms of this disease, as well as for prevention. Folk remedies will help improve the condition of the patient, especially if you start to act at an early stage of the disease. Recipes:
1. You will need nettle. Take 3 tbsp. L. And pour 0.5 liters of boiling water. Let it brew for about 30-40 minutes, then strain and drink after eating an hour later 1/3 cup three times a day.
2. You will need 200 g of garlic. Pour the heads of garlic with warm water and let it brew for 6-8 hours. Drink 1/2 cup daily. If your stomach reacts poorly to such a tincture, dilute with water (1-2 tbsp.). It should be taken within one month.
3. You will need St. John's wort and the root of the comfrey. Grind everything and rub to a powdery state. Sprinkle with this tool.
4. You will need tomatoes. Make them a gruel and apply to swollen places, fixing with an elastic bandage or bandage. Leave for 4 hours, then make a new tomato compress. Do these dressings twice a day. After the compress, lubricate the wounds with a golden mustache (mix its leaves and mustache).
5. You need a golden mustache. Take the leaves, mash them and attach them to the wound for the night. Wind this place with something thin and light without squeezing the wound.
6. You will need the Kalanchoe leaves. Razotrite them, take 2 tbsp. L. And pour a glass of vodka. You need to insist 7 days. Then rub your legs without squeezing movements, only light, massage. After you rub your legs with such a tincture, spread them with a baby cream, preferably greasy.
7. You will need a half-liter of olive or corn oil, as well as 100 g of calendula. Mix everything and let it brew for a week. Then rub your feet on the swollen and sore spots.
8. You will need a leaf of cabbage. Kill it and suppress it in order to secrete the juice. Lubricate one side with sunflower oil and attach to a sore spot, fixing the sheet with a cloth. Within 24 hours, compress from cabbage do not take off. Further within a month to do such a compress daily.
9. You will need grass swamp grass swamp. Take 150 g and pour boiling water 10 liters. Let it brew for an hour, then take a foot bath. The procedure will take about 30 minutes. Do preferably before going to bed.
When using folk methods for the treatment of thrombophlebitis at home, it should be remembered that this can not be at odds with medical recommendations. In addition, the above recipes increase the work of the adrenal glands, so patients suffering from hypertension should be careful when treated with folk remedies.
There is no special diet for treating thrombophlebitis. However, the use or, on the contrary, the exclusion of certain foods will give a positive dynamics in the treatment of the disease. So, it is necessary to exclude fried and fatty, spicy and salty, flour and chocolate. But such products as watermelon, pineapple, melon, ginger, cinnamon, lean fish, rice, oatmeal, wheat porridge will be very useful in the treatment of thrombophlebitis.
Prophylaxis of the disease
The main prevention of thrombophlebitis is the timely treatment of varicose veins. If you have a genetic predisposition to this disease, or during the course of your life you have already acquired varicose veins, you should pay attention to the physical loads of the lower extremities. There are special techniques that allow you to perform a set of exercises every day aimed specifically at preventing thrombophlebitis. Even if you work on your feet (sales consultant, make-up artist, hairdresser), you can perform these simple exercises without departing from the chair or counter.
When planning a child, and also during 9 months of pregnancy, pay special attention to the legs. Walk more on foot, go swimming, and wear special compression stockings.
When transferring operations on the lower limbs should pay special attention to the rehabilitation period. Mandatory procedures for use are massage, gymnastics, water exercise complex.
The veins located on the lower extremities are rarely used for droppers and injections. However, if you can not get into the vein on your arm, you'll have to do the procedure on your legs. Watch for the sterility of the medical material, as well as the medical personnel themselves, to avoid serious consequences from the injection.
If you correctly and on time treat the signs of varicose veins, you will be able to avoid symptoms of thrombophlebitis. Wear comfortable and comfortable shoes, move more during the day, keep the correct water balance of the body, and you can avoid varicose veins, and later thrombophlebitis. Be Healthy!